Monday, August 23, 2010

You're a performer




If I can be super emo for just one moment... I could go on and on about Brandon Flowers. Any of you who know me at all, know this fact all too well, but I've yet to find an artist who's music hits me the way his does. Over the years... the voice, the lyrics, the chords... his music always feels relatable and just simply resonates. Is that some kind of formula for a great band? It should be. So whether it's con Killers or sans Sam's town, I will always be a beautifully naiive, loyal fan of Mr. Flowers. I can't help it. His music makes my heart heavy and body shake. I can't say that about a lot of things.

Check out some of the latest tracks off his debut album, Flamingo , scheduled to drop in the US September 14th. Sadly, the UK get's it over a week before, but to spare you all the details of what could be my UK vs US mainstream music rant, I'm going to end my emo moment... now. Oh wait. Song quote. Seriously, how do I have friends?

"Don't be afraid. This is your year. It's gonna be alright. You're a performer. Just take your time. But not too much time..."


Brandon Flowers - Swallow it

Brandon Flowers - Crossfire

1 comment:

  1. your brandon = my julian. i get in full percentage or whatever it is you say in america.

    ReplyDelete